#alef, #aleph, #alephbet, #alphabet, #beginner Hebrew, #beginner reader, #bilingual, #bilingualchildren, #bilingualeducation, #bilingualkids, #Hebrew for English Speaking Kids, #hebrew silent letters, #hebrewABCs, #hebrewbible, #hebrewbooks, #hebrewforbeginners, #hebrewforchildren, #hebrewforkids, #hebrewlanguage, #HebrewLetters, #homeschool, #homeschooling, #homeschoolmoms, #ivrit, #jewish, #jewishbooks, #learninghebrew, #learninglanguage, #learninglanguages, #LetterBet, #MazorBooks, #nekudot, #nikud, #readingtolearn, #readtochildren, #shabbat, #shabbat Shalom, #shabbatshalom #nekudot #nikud #vowels, #silent letters, #sounds, Hebrew, Hebrew for children, Hebrew for kids
INTRODUCING THE LETTER LAMED
- LAMED is the twelfth letter of the Hebrew Alphabet.
- The numerical value of LAMED is 30
- In modern Hebrew, the frequency usage of the letter LAMED is 7.39%.
- The sound of the Hebrew letter LAMED is like the ‘L’ in lollypop.
- The three letters of the letter LAMED / למד are the same as the root of LIMUD – study.
- The letter LAMED is the tallest in the Hebrew alphabet
Names that Begin with the Letter LAMED for Boys and Girls
In generations past, most Hebrew speakers in Israel and Jews in the diaspora chose Biblical names for their children. Generally, names given to boys and girls were Biblical in origin and gender-specific. Nowadays, past name-choice practices are still prevalent, but many parents do not limit themselves to Biblical nor gender-specific naming.
In modern Israel, among the new unisex names beginning with the letter LAMED you will find LIRON (song for me/I have a song) and LI-EL (God for me/I have a God).
Words of Values that Begin with the Letter LAMED
MazorBooks children’s books promote Good Values. In that spirit, below is a list of Good Value words that begin with the letter LAMED.
The word LIMUD means to study.
LIMUDIM means studies.
LIL-MOD to learn/study.
LELAMED to TEACH.
A Place in Israel that Begins with the Letter LAMED
As Hebrew is the official language of the State of Israel, it stands to reason to include a place in this incredible country that begins with the letter LAMED.
The choice this time is the LOD, which is most well-known as the city that is home to Israel’s International airport. The airport is named for Israel’s first Prime Minister, David Ben Gurion.
Coloring and Activity Pages – A Gift for You!
Click the following and get access to downloadable Hebrew-related coloring and activity pages.
(If you have subscribed to the MazorBooks Mailing list, you will receive the link to the new Activity Pack via email.)
CLICK HERE – HEBREW PACK #12
More AlephBet and More fun information coming soon!
Keep visiting and let us know what you think!
GET ALL SIX ‘A Taste of HEBREW’ books for Kids
1. Hebrew Alphabet – http://amzn.to/2gkfU4U
2. Count in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2gkhDr3
3. Colors in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2fvCObN
4. Animals in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2fsHqMy
5. Fruits in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2f6SWBW
6. Opposites in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2sL1VMA
MazorBooks also offers two Hebrew Alphabet workbooks:
Check out http://www.MazorBooks.com/hebrew.htm for more information