#alef, #aleph, #alephbet, #alphabet, #beginner Hebrew, #beginner reader, #bilingual, #bilingualchildren, #bilingualeducation, #bilingualkids, #Hebrew, #Hebrew for Children, #Hebrew for English Speaking Kids, #hebrew for kids, #hebrew silent letters, #hebrewABCs, #hebrewbible, #hebrewbooks, #hebrewforbeginners, #hebrewforchildren, #hebrewforkids, #hebrewlanguage, #HebrewLetters, #homeschool, #homeschooling, #homeschoolmoms, #ivrit, #jewish, #jewishbooks, #learninghebrew, #learninglanguage, #learninglanguages, #LetterBet, #MazorBooks, #nekudot, #nikud, #readingtolearn, #readtochildren, #shabbat, #shabbat Shalom, #shabbatshalom #nekudot #nikud #vowels, #silent letters, #sounds
INTRODUCING THE LETTER DALET
- DALET is the fourth letter of the Hebrew Alphabet.
- The numerical value of DALET is 4
- In modern Hebrew, the frequency usage of the letter DALET is 2.59%.
- The sound of the Hebrew letter DALET is like ‘D’ in DOOR.
- DALET is one of six letters that may have a DAGESH (dot) in their ‘belly.’ In the past, a DALET with a DAGESH had a different sound. In modern Hebrew, there is no distinction between a DALET with or without a DAGESH. (For more about the DAGESH and NEKUDOT, click https://mazorbooks.wordpress.com/2020/08/20/nekudot
- More about the Hebrew Letter DALET
- The DALET’s letters – דלת (dalet, lamed, tav), are the same as the letters that spell DELET, a door.
- The DALET also stands for the poor. דל (dalet, lamed).
Girls’ and Boys’ Names that Begin with the Letter DALET
In generations past, most Hebrew speakers in Israel and Jews around the world chose Biblical names for their children. There used to be a clear distinction between girls’ and boys’ names. Though past name-choice practices are prevalent to this day, many parents do not limit themselves to Biblical nor gender-specific naming.
Below is a list of generally gender-specific names that begin with the letter DALET.
Contemporary unisex names that begin with the letter DALET include DAGAN and Dor.
Words of Values that Begin with the Letter DALET
MazorBooks children’s books promote Good Values, and in that spirit, here are some Good Value words that begin with the letter DALET.
One of the listed VALUE words, DA’AT, which, depending on the context, translates to knowledge, wisdom; intelligence, understanding, common sense, logic, awareness, consciousness, and mind.
DE’AH – דעה means opinion.
OLEH AL HA-DA’AT – עולה על הדעת – comes to mind.
וְיוֹסִיף דַּעַת, יוֹסִיף מַכְאוֹב. Ve-yo-sif da’at yo-sif mach-ov – He that increases knowledge increases sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
A Place in Israel that Begins with the Letter DALET
As Hebrew is the official language of the State of Israel, it stands to reason to include a place in this incredible country that begins with the letter DALET
Coloring and Activity Pages – A Gift for You!
Click the following and get access to downloadable Hebrew related coloring and activity pages. (If you have subscribed to the MazorBooks Mailing list, you will receive the link to the new Activity Pack via email.)
More AlephBet and More fun information coming soon!
Keep visiting and let us know what you think!
GET ALL SIX ‘A Taste of HEBREW’ books for Kids
1. Hebrew Alphabet – http://amzn.to/2gkfU4U
2. Count in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2gkhDr3
3. Colors in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2fvCObN
4. Animals in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2fsHqMy
5. Fruits in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2f6SWBW
6. Opposites in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2sL1VMA
MazorBooks also offers two Hebrew Alphabet workbooks:
1. Color the Aleph-Bet (ages 3-6) – http://amzn.to/2t3Z2FB
2. The Hebrew Alphabet: Read, Write & Color (ages 6 & up) – http://amzn.to/2mJR6G5
Check out http://www.MazorBooks.com/hebrew.htm for more information
Follow Us on Instagram for fun daily posts Instagram.com/Hebrew4Kids
Join our New Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/hebrewnow