#alef, #aleph, #alephbet, #alphabet, #beginner Hebrew, #beginner reader, #bilingual, #bilingualchildren, #bilingualeducation, #bilingualkids, #Hebrew for English Speaking Kids, #hebrew silent letters, #hebrewABCs, #hebrewbible, #hebrewbooks, #hebrewforbeginners, #hebrewforchildren, #hebrewforkids, #hebrewlanguage, #HebrewLetters, #homeschool, #homeschooling, #homeschoolmoms, #ivrit, #jewish, #jewishbooks, #learninghebrew, #learninglanguage, #learninglanguages, #LetterBet, #MazorBooks, #nekudot, #nikud, #readingtolearn, #readtochildren, #shabbat, #shabbat Shalom, #shabbatshalom #nekudot #nikud #vowels, #silent letters, #sounds, ayin, Hebrew, Hebrew for children, Hebrew for kids, Hebrew letter ayin, letterayin
INTRODUCING THE LETTER AYIN:
- AYIN is the sixteenth letter of the Hebrew Alphabet.
- The numerical value of AYIN is 70
- In modern Hebrew, the frequency usage of the letter AYIN is 3.23%
- In modern Hebrew, the letter AYIN, like the ALEPH, is silent and takes on the sound of the vowel symbol, the NIKUD
- The meaning of AYIN עין is eye. (A person with an AYIN TOVA, a good eye, is someone with a positive outlook and positive perspective.)
Names that Begin with the Letter AYIN for Boys and Girls
In generations past, most Hebrew speakers in Israel and Jews in the diaspora chose Biblical names for their children. Generally, names given to boys and girls were Biblical in origin and gender-specific. Nowadays, past name-choice practices are still prevalent, but many parents do not limit themselves to Biblical nor gender-specific naming.
In modern Israel, among the new unisex names beginning with the letter AYIN you will find ADI (jewel) and AMIT (friend).
Words of Values that Begin with the Letter AYIN
MazorBooks children’s books promote Good Values. In that spirit, below is a list of Good Value words that begin with the letter AYIN.
The word ATZ-MA-UT means independence.
On the fifth day of the Hebrew month of IYAR, Israel celebrates its INDEPENDENCE day, יום העצמאות / YOM HA-ATZ-MA-UT.
A Place in Israel that Begins with the Letter AYIN
As Hebrew is the official language of the State of Israel, it stands to reason to include a place in this incredible country that begins with the letter AYIN
The choice this time AT-LIT, home to the AT-LIT Detainee Camp, used by the BRITISH COLONISTS during the British Mandate era to prevent Jewish refugees from entering the Land of Israel.
Coloring and Activity Pages – A Gift for You!
Click the following and get access to downloadable Hebrew-related coloring and activity pages.
(If you have subscribed to the MazorBooks Mailing list, you will receive the link to the new Activity Pack via email.)
CLICK HERE – HEBREW PACK #16
More AlephBet and more fun information, coming soon!
Keep visiting. Let us know what you think!
GET ALL SIX ‘A Taste of HEBREW’ books for Kids
1. Hebrew Alphabet – http://amzn.to/2gkfU4U
2. Count in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2gkhDr3
3. Colors in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2fvCObN
4. Animals in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2fsHqMy
5. Fruits in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2f6SWBW
6. Opposites in Hebrew – http://amzn.to/2sL1VMA
MazorBooks also offers two Hebrew Alphabet workbooks:
Check out http://www.MazorBooks.com/hebrew.htm for more information