#book, #chidlren's books, #children, #early childhood, #kid-book, #kidlit, #MazorBooks, Alef Bet, Alphabet book, books with good values, Colors in Hebrew, counting in Hebrew, Hebrew, Hebrew Alphabet, Hebrew letters
Give the gift of a second language to your child. Start Early.
The British Council lists the advantages of beginning early to learn a second language.
Among other things they argue that:
– Young children are still using their individual, innate language-learning strategies to acquire their home language and soon find they can also use these strategies to pick up [another language].
– Young children have time to learn through play-like activities. They pick up language by taking part in an activity shared with an adult. They firstly make sense of the activity and then get meaning from the adult’s shared language.
– Young children have more time to fit [a second language] into the daily program. School programs tend to be informal and children’s minds are not yet cluttered with facts to be stored and tested. They may have little or no homework and are less stressed by having to achieve set standards.
– Children who have the opportunity to pick up a second language while they are still young appear to use the same innate language-learning strategies throughout life when learning other languages. Picking up third, fourth, or even more languages is easier than picking up a second.
– Young children who acquire language rather than consciously learn it, as older children and adults have to, are more likely to have better pronunciation and feel for the language and culture. When monolingual children reach puberty and become more self-conscious, their ability to pick up language diminishes and they feel they have to consciously study [a second language] through grammar-based programs. The age at which this change occurs depends greatly on the individual child’s developmental levels as well as the expectations of their society.
— A PERFECT ROSH HASHANAH GIFT —
“A Taste of Hebrew for English Speaking Kids”
Save and get three Books in One – on KINDLE edition:
1. Hebrew Alphabet: — Connect with ISRAEL and the BIBLE – Learn the HEBREW ALPHABET http://tinyurl.com/opxusch
2. Counting in Hebrew: This beautifully illustrated book is an excellent tool for teaching kids and their parents the Hebrew letters and numbers in Hebrew (cardinal and ordinal) from 1-10, in both their masculine and feminine forms!
3. Colors in Hebrew: The newest addition to “A Taste of Hebrew” series for English speaking kids – teaches kids the names of colors in Hebrew – through story and rhyme. Enjoy the delightful tale about a rainbow who visits Israel and communicates with children who are more than happy to share their knowledge.
* Source: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/parents/articles/how-young-children-learn-english-another-language